Appetence, Ltd. Terms and Conditions of Use
Here we go…
Thanks for choosing Appetence and welcome to Appetence´s Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”). Our lawyers insist that we impose rules on users to protect all of our hard work. This is a contract between you and Appetence Ltd and we want you to know yours and our rights before you use the Appetence application (“App”). Please take a few moments to read these Terms before enjoying the App, because once you access, view or use the App, you are going to be legally bound by these Terms.
1. APPETENCE RULES
Before you can use our App, you will need to register for an account (“Account”). In order to create an Account you must:
– have a Facebook account or mail
– be at least 17+ years old
– be legally permitted to use the App by the laws of your home country
Unfortunately, we cannot allow you to use another person’s Account without permission – that just wouldn’t be fair!
If you are 17+ years old or over, we do not allow you to start new conversations or share photos with anyone younger.
You’ll have great fun on Appetence, but if you feel the need to leave, you can delete your Account at any time by going to the ‘Settings’ page when you are logged in and clicking on the ‘Delete account’ link. Your Account will be deleted immediately but it may take a little while for Your Content to be completely removed from the App. We will save your profile information in case you realize you miss us and you decide to restore your Account (which you can do within 30 days of de-activating your Account). Appetence Ltd reserve the right at our sole discretion to terminate or suspend any Account, or make use of any operational, technological, legal or other means available to enforce the Terms (including without limitation blocking specific IP addresses), at any time without liability and without the need to give you prior notice.
You may not access, tamper with, or use non public areas of the App or our systems. Certain portions of the App may not be accessible if you have not registered for an Account.
2. TYPES OF CONTENT
There are three types of content that you will be able to access on the App:
– content that you upload and provide (“Your Content”)
– content that members provide (“Member Content”)
– content that Appetence Ltd provide (“Our Content”)
There is certain content we can’t allow on Appetence
We want our users to be able express themselves as much as possible and post all sorts of things on Appetence, but we have to impose restrictions on certain content which:
– contains language which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
– is obscene, pornographic or otherwise may offend human dignity
– is abusive, insulting or threatening, or which promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry
– encourages any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offence
– is defamatory or libellous
– relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers)
– involves the transmission of “junk” mail or “spam”
– contains any spy ware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmers or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information whether from Appetence or otherwise
– itself, or the posting of which, infringes any third party’s rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights)
– shows another person which was created or distributed without that person’s consent
– incorporates the image or likeness of any individual under 13 years of age
Appetence operates a zero-tolerance policy for this kind of content.
As Your Content is unique, you are responsible and liable for Your Content and will indemnify, defend, release, and hold us harmless from any claims made in connection with Your Content.
You may not display any personal contact or banking information on your individual profile page whether in relation to you or any other person (for example, names, home addresses or postcodes, telephone numbers, email addresses, URLs, credit/debit card or other banking details). If you do choose to reveal any personal information about yourself to other users, whether via email or otherwise, it is at your own risk. We encourage you to use the same caution in disclosing details about yourself to third parties online as you would under any other circumstances.
As Appetence is a public community, Your Content will be visible to other users of the App all around the world instantly – so make sure you are comfortable sharing Your Content before you post. By uploading Your Content on Appetence, you represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary rights and licences to do so, and automatically grant us a nonexclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide licence to use Your Content in any way (including, without limitation, editing, copying, modifying, adapting, translating, reformatting, creative derivative works from, incorporating into other works, advertising, distributing and otherwise making available to the general publish such Content, whether in whole or in part and in any format or medium currently known or developed in the future).
We may assign and/or sub-licence the above licence to our affiliates and successors without any further approval by you.
We have the right to remove, edit, limit or block access to any of Your Content at any time, and we have no obligation to display or review Your Content.
Other members of Appetence will also share content via the App. Member Content belongs to the user who posted the content and is stored on our servers and displayed via the App at the direction of the user providing the Member Content.
You do not have any rights in relation to other user’s Member Content, and you may only use other Appetence user’s personal information to the extent that your use of it matches Appetence´s purpose of allowing people to meet one another. You may not use other user’s information for commercial purposes, to spam, to harass, or to make unlawful threats. We reserve the right to terminate your Account if you misuse other user’s information.
Any other text, content, graphics, user interfaces, trademarks, logos, sounds, artwork, and other intellectual property appearing on Appetence are owned, controlled or licensed by us and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property law rights. All right, title and interest in and to Our Content remains with us at all times.
We grant you a non-exclusive, limited, personal, non-transferable, revocable, license to access and use Our Content, without the right to sublicense, under the following conditions:
– you shall not use, sell, modify, or distribute Our Content except as permitted by the functionality of the App
– you shall not use our name in metatags, keywords and/or hidden text
– you shall not create derivative works from Our Content or commercially exploit Our Content, in whole or in part, in any way
– you shall use Our Content for lawful purposes only
We reserve all other rights.
3. RESTRICTIONS ON THE APP
We don’t like users misbehaving in the Appetence community – users should not do bad things to other users. Therefore, you can report any abuse or complain about Member Content by contacting us, outlining the abuse and/or complaint. You can also report a user directly from a profile or in chat by clicking the ‘Block & Report’ link.
Also, we don’t appreciate users doing bad things to Appetence – we’ve worked hard on our creation, so scraping or replicating any part of the App without our prior consent is expressly prohibited. This includes by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces – unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with us.
Brace yourselves, this may look daunting but it is very important!
THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, AND MEMBER CONTENT ARE ALL PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SHOULD APPLICABLE LAW NOT PERMIT THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN WE GRANT THE MINIMUM EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS SECTION.
ADDITIONALLY, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE APP OR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, OR THAT THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, ANY MEMBER CONTENT, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IS CORRECT, ACCURATE, OR RELIABLE. YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. APPETENCE LTD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER.
NEITHER US NOR ANY OWNER WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE APP, SITE, OUR CONTENT, OR ANY MEMBER CONTENT, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PROPRIETARY RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
THE FOREGOING SHALL APPLY EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU BECOME DISSATISFIED IN ANY WAY WITH THE APP OR SITE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF THE APP AND SITE.
YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE APP OR SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, THESE PROVISIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY HEREIN IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN AND REFLECTS A FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK. THE APP AND SITE WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS AND YOU AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES SPECIFIED HEREIN WILL SURVIVE EVEN IF FOUND TO HAVE FAILED IN THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
All the actions you make and information you post on Appetence remain your responsibility. Therefore, you agree to indemnify, defend, release, and hold us, and our partners, licensors, affiliates, contractors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, harmless, from and against any third party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with:
– any negligent acts, omissions or wilful misconduct by you;
– your access to and use of the App;
– the uploading or submission of Content to the App by you;
– any breach of these Terms by you; and/or
– your violation of any law or of any rights of any third party. We retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay any and all claims or causes of action which are brought against us without your prior consent. If we ask, you will cooperate fully and reasonably as required by us in the defence of any relevant claim.
7. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
Appetence Ltd has adopted the following policy towards copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). If you believe any Member Content or Our Content infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (“DMCA Takedown Notice”) including the following:
– A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
– Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
– Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
– Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
– A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
– A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Any DMCA Takedown Notices should be sent to: email@example.com
There are a few more things we need to mention before you can use Appetence. Please bear with us, we’re nearly done!
Firstly, those standard clauses at the end of most contracts (boring, we know)
These Terms, which we may amend from time to time, constitute the entire agreement between you and Appetence Ltd. The Terms supersede all previous agreements, representations and arrangements between us (written or oral). Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Appetence Ltd has taken reasonable steps to ensure the currency, availability, correctness and completeness of the information contained on Appetence and provides that information on an “as is”, “as available” basis. Appetence Ltd does not give or make any warranty or representation of any kind about the information contained on Appetence, whether express or implied. Use of Appetence and the materials available on it is at your sole risk. Appetence Ltd can not be held responsible for any loss arising from the transmission, use of data, or inaccurate User Content.
You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any material you may obtain from Appetence is free of viruses or other harmful components. You accept that Appetence will not be provided uninterrupted or error free, that defects may not be corrected or that Appetence Ltd, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs, spyware, Trojan horse or any similar malicious software. Appetence Ltd is not responsible for any damage to your computer hardware, computer software, or other equipment or technology including, but without limitation damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction.
We know our Terms are awesome, but we may have to change them now and again
As Appetence grows, we might have to make changes to these Terms so we reserve the right to modify, amend or change the Terms at any time (a “Change”). If we do this then the Changes will be posted on this page and we will indicate the Effective Date of the updates at the bottom of the Terms. In certain circumstances, we may send an email to you notifying you of a Change. You should regularly check this page for notice of any Changes – we want our users to be as informed as possible.
Your continued use of Appetence following any Change constitutes your acceptance of the Change and you will be legally bound by the new updated Terms. If you do not accept any Changes to the Terms, you should stop using Appetence immediately (uh oh, that’s going to be hard!).
Some more legal mumbo jumbo
If, for any reason, any of the Terms are declared illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of a competent jurisdiction, then to the extent that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and the remainder of the Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
No failure or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege under the Terms shall operate as a waiver of such right or acceptance of any variation of the Terms and nor shall any single or partial exercise by either party of any right, power or privilege preclude any further exercise of the right or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
By using the App, you agree and acknowledge that Appetence is a global app operating through servers located in a number of countries around the world, including the United Kingdom. If you live in a country with data protection laws, the storage of your personal data may not provide you with the same protections as you enjoy in your country of residence. By submitting your personal information, or by choosing to upgrade the services you use, or by making use of the applications available on Appetence, you agree to the transfer of your personal information to, and storage and processing of your personal information in, any such countries and destinations.
The App may contain links to third-party websites or resources. In such cases, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for:
– the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or
– the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources.
Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources. Framing, inline linking or other methods of association with the App are expressly prohibited without first obtaining our prior written approval.
These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction.
9. ABOUT US
Your access to the App, Our Content, and any Member Content, as well as these Terms are governed and interpreted by the laws of City of London, other than such laws, rules, regulations and case law that would result in the application of the laws of a jurisdiction other than the City of London. By using the App, you are consenting to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom and City of London. You agree that such courts shall have in personal jurisdiction and venue and waive any objection based on inconvenient forum. You agree that you will not file or participate in a class action against us. In the event there is a discrepancy between this English language version and any translated copies of the Terms, the English version shall prevail.
Appetence Ltd is registered in United Kingdom under company number 10224694. Our registered address is 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, WC2H 9JQ, London.
This Terms and Conditions of Use was last updated on 9 May 2017.